Thursday, February 7, 2013

DIY Make & Match Shape Activity- Cost: $2


For the cost of only $2, my son and I had a great afternoon creating and matching shapes together. I purchased a box of flash cards at Michael's craft store for $1 and a bag of colorful, and very soft, pipe cleaners at the dollar store for $1. I took out the flash cards and lined them up first. Second, I created shapes one by one with the pipe cleaners as my son looked on. (Older children can try creating shapes by themselves.) Finally, I set up the activity and my son had a great time matching the shapes to the card. He was so proud of himself when he was finished. See photos:






Complete! So proud of himself:

The final result:

This is just another example of an inexpensive learning activity that is so simple to create. As we continue with this activity, I will try to get my son to say the names of each shape too. Have fun creating!

-Deborah

No comments:

Post a Comment