Monday, March 11, 2013

Many Busy Activities For Toddlers - Simple & Inexpensive

Today I am sharing an assortment of ideas to keep little ones engaged and entertained for hardly any cost at all. Here are some of my go-to activities that I use with my toddler:

Create patterns with an ice cube tray and pom poms
 
DIY sticker book with cardboard

I-spy flash card game ($1 pack at Michaels craft store)
 
I-spy animal recognition game using pictures from Baby Einstein book
 
Learning colors with play-dough balls

Learning shapes with play-dough
 
Painting with water
 
Pom Pom push through bucket holes
 
Toddler speech game - Have child choose an item from the bag and name each item
 
Sticky ball counting - Toss balls onto glass door and count (Sticky items were purchased at Michaels for $1 each)
 
These activities have been so helpful with keeping my son busy at home on days the weather was terrible or when I wasn't feeling well. These ideas are a nice break from watching television or movies. We often just put on some music and play!
 
-Deborah


3 comments:

  1. Great ideas to keep busy! Especially during this awful, dreary winter weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great ideas! I know my little ones would enjoy these...we've done a few, but I was drawn to the one with the basket. My toddler and pre-schooler would LOVE that :) I would like to invite you to join us at our linky party, Share It Saturday. We have a bunch of fun, creative ideas linked up each week, and your post would fit right in! We truly enjoy perusing the links and meeting new bloggers :) http://www.sugaraunts.com/2013/03/share-it-saturday-11-and-our-week-in.html

    I hope to see you at Share It Saturday!
    Colleen at www.sugaraunts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot wait to try out that pompom push through game with a basket. I just know my toddler will love it. These are all great ideas and I'll definitely be trying a few of them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete