Sunday, May 26, 2013

DIY Alphabet Blocks - Hands on ABC learning fun!

 
 
Anyone that knows me knows that I LOVE glitter. I found these glitter foam stickers at Walmart and stuck them on small mega blocks. We turned them into alphabet blocks! My son is learning his letters right now so I thought that making ABC blocks would be a fun and inexpensive play idea. We even made these blocks together. After we made them we mixed them up, put them in ABC order, and sang the ABC song. I just love how colorful and exciting the blocks turned out...and so does my son!
 
 
                                    

 We put the blocks in ABC order on the table and on the floor. He was amazed!

           
We even played a letter match game where we used letters from an ABC puzzle and matched them up to the ABC letter blocks.
 

He even had to lay down next to the blocks to look at the letters up close of course!
 
-Deborah

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, my son would love this! Please come on over and check out our new blog - seems like we have some similar activities! :)

    ReplyDelete