Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Letter Recognition Activity - Pick it, Say it, Stuff it!


 
Here is a simple letter recognition/fine motor activity for toddlers. I used plastic play dough letter stamps and an empty wipes box to create this activity. Simply have the child pick a letter from the bowl, say its name, then drop it into the slot of the wipes container. Continue until the bowl of letters is empty or have them take turns with another child (or even better, with you!) My son is really starting to recognize and say his ABC's and this activity has provided him with such a fun, hands-on learning experience.






 
All done! He wanted to dump it and do it again!
 
 
Think twice before throwing out that empty wipes container. There are so many ways to upcycle them. Check out my Toddler Play board on Pinterest or simply search Pinterest for more creative ideas. 
 
-Deborah

 

2 comments:

  1. This is a fun way to learn. My toddler loves pointing out letters and saying them allowed so I think I will try this with him. I use wipes containers for activities all the time.

    I would love it if you would come link up on our Artsy Play Wednesday kids' craft linky. http://www.babygiveawaysgalore.com/search/label/Artsy%20Play%20Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deborah,
    Just found your blog for the first time, via Hands on As We Grow. I love all your letter recognition activities! I'm pinning several of them right now. Also love how you upcycle items from around the house for your activities. I'm big on that too. :)

    ReplyDelete